How To Make A Stylish DIY No-Sew Clutch
Nowadays, there’s a ton of awesome DIY projects out there that focus on repurposing old materials. Besides being eco-conscious and very sensitive, turning old items that you might have otherwise thrown away into something new and useful is also a lot of fun. Over the course of the last few years, we’ve proven that plenty of times, like when we transformed empty plastic bottles into gorgeous decorations and lamps or turned old leggings into a stylish throw. But this project right here really takes the cake, because we’re transforming empty milk cartons into a unique clutch that’ll make you the toast of the town in no time!
- 2 clean, empty milk cartons
- scissors & scalpel or box cutter
- 2 different pieces of fabric
- magnetic snap
- super glue
1. Cut off the top and bottom part of an empty milk carton and then cut open the entire carton before unfolding it into a rectangle.
2. Spread glue on the inside of the carton and glue a piece of felt of the same size on it.
3. Turn the carton over and put it felt-side down on a piece of cloth that is a bit bigger than the carton. Cut off the corners of the fabric and coat the protruding sides with glue, then fold them over onto the cardboard.
4. Turn over the carton again and glue the button part of a magnetic snap to the middle of one side.
5. Glue 2 different pieces of fabric to form 2 squares – gluing the pieces together ensures that the fabric is firm enough.
6. Bend the carton back together and glue the pieces of fabric together on both the left and right side.
7. Now you need another empty milk carton. Cut off the top and bottom as in Step 1 and cut open the carton before unfolding it and gluing a piece of felt and fabric to it. Fold over the protruding fabric on the sides as before.
8. Spread glue on the carton (fabric side facing down) and put the finished clutch from the first milk carton on top of it. Press everything together firmly so that the clutch is nice and stable.
9. Glue the other part of the magnetic snap to the bottom of the clutch.
10. Decorate the clutch with a brooch.
Is that clutch gorgeous or what? And the best thing about it is that it’s so easy to make – no sewing necessary! Whether you gift it to a friend or to yourself, this clutch is the ultimate accessory!