Holy Smokes! DIY Miniature Incense House
If there’s one thing we love, it’s an empty milk carton! There’s truly nothing better for a good DIY project because you can use it for so many different things and in a ton of different contexts. For example, you can use them for DIY candles or to create beautiful floral arrangements. But ’tis the Christmas season, so we’ve got to focus on getting our decoration game just right, which is why we’re going to show you how to make a cute little incense house out of 2 empty milk cartons. And as an added bonus, it will make your home smell and feel that much cozier!
- 2 empty milk cartons (1 with 4 equal sides & 1 with 2 equal sides)
- felt tip pen
- box cutter
- acrylic paint & paintbrush
- star stickers
- decorative ribbon
- white marker
- floral foam
- incense sticks
1. Rinse out the milk carton with the 4 equal sides before drawing a circle for the window on the upper half and a rectangle for the door on the lower half.
2. Flatten the milk carton and cut off the bottom area. Save this rectangular piece for later.
3. Use a box cutter to cut out the window and make a slit so the door can be opened.
4. Paint the entire milk carton, including the base that you cut off in Step # 2, and let everything dry.
5. Roll up the cut-off base and stick it into the spout of the milk carton.
6. Cut off one of the larger sides of the other rinsed milk carton and bend it once in the middle. Cut out a hole in the middle of this piece.
7. Place the folded piece of milk carton on the roof of the incense house so that the chimney protrudes through it, and decorate it with some star stickers.
8. Decorate the incense house however you want with decorative ribbon and patterns.
9. Stick an incense stick into a piece of floral foam, light it, and put the incense house over it.
We can’t wait to brighten up our homes with these fun, winter-themed incense houses. Have fun making them!